Paradise is Sharing...

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Shiny Side Up...


Today I got out on my motorcycle for a quick ride.  It's something I haven't had much of an opportunity to do this summer, but the wind against my face was just what I needed.  I didn't get to go too far today, but just the short ride was exhilarating enough to motivate me to say to myself "I need to do this more often"...

When I first started to learn how to ride a motorcycle, I took a drivers education class.  The instructor said something that has stuck with me ever since, and it's not just applicable to driving a motorcycle - but to all aspects of my life.

He said "IF you don't want to hit the tree - don't look at the tree!"  He went on to say "Focus on where you do want to go, and you and your bike will follow"... 

Once out on the open road, I got to test that theory several times - and no matter the obstacle in my way - it always proved true - if I don't want to hit the curb -don't look at it, look at where you do want your bike to go.  If you don't want to go off on the side of the road, look at the middle line.  If you want to flow around corners, focus your eyes to follow the curve of the road and look ahead through the bends and curves.




It wasn't until a little later I started applying that rule to other aspects of my life .... I don't want to go into debt - so don't look at the debt, look at what you DO have... look what you DO want. 

I don't want to be unhealthy... Don't look at your fat thighs, the chocolate and the cakes and cookies - look at your healthy lifestyle, the fresh, non-processed foods available to you, look at how you want to feel, and what you want to accomplish as a result of living healthier.

I don't want to be in bad relationships... don't look at people who bring you down, who drain your energy, who hold you back.  Look for the friends that make you happy, bring you joy, and lift you higher.

When you focus on what you do want, you and your life will follow.  If you don't want to hit the tree - don't look at the tree.


Paradise is Here, Paradise is Now .... Paradise is keeping the Shiny Side Up....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paradise is Here, Paradise is Now... Paradise is having people comment on my blog :)