Paradise is Sharing...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dream Catcher....

Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dreamcatcher.jpg
I woke up this morning with a swirl of wishes, wants and desires floating in my mind.  My first instinct was to grab a cup of coffee, and a pad of paper -I need to catch these ideas before they scamper off to the "ones that got away" club for dreams.

I have a dedicated journal just for this thing - I call it my Dream Book.   As I flip through the pages, and find a blank page to record my latest brainstorm, I realize that this book has acted as a dream catcher.  Once I had my morning coffee and the ideas were safely stowed away, I flipped through the book and noticed that yes, I have caught my dreams and wrote them down, but some have managed to play Houdini and slip away unnoticed.  I need to do more than catch my dreams ... once caught, I need to feed and nourish them so they can grow.  Many dreams caught in the book lay there, waiting to be noticed - wishing I would take them out to play.  They are wonderful dreams - but stored in a notebook, they remain just that... dreams.







A few dreams I have captured over the years managed to come to fruition on their own.  Perhaps I fulfilled a self-proclaimed prophecy by simply writing it down.  More likely, it was just shit luck, coincidence, or happenstance.  I contemplated the ease and speed I might have had achieving those goals if they hadn't been stuck on pieces of notepaper that hardly saw the light of day. 
 




 I am at heart a note taker.... but I am realizing the beauty of putting my dreams on display.  I am not a fan of "vision boards"... no, this will take on a different meaning than looking at images and wishing for them. I am picturing this tool as more of a spiderweb.  Intricately designed, and placed with purpose.  Once an idea has stuck, it is worked into something useful.  Once the dream has been fully worked, consumed, and digested, it is moved off the web to make room for more.  Like the wise spider, I will know when to rebuild the web to catch more dreams.   More importantly, I need to put my dreams on display for the world to see....


What do you do with your dreams?  Do you capture them?  Once captured - do you ever let them see the light of day?

Paradise is Here, Paradise is Now ... Paradise is putting your dreams on display ...

3 comments:

  1. You really make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I
    to find this matter to be really one thing that
    I think I'd by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am having a look forward for your subsequent publish, I will attempt to get the hold of it!
    Feel free to surf my web blog : mobile phone tracking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for reading and posting. I am working on my Dream Catcher project, and will post pictures and a blog when finished. Stay tuned! Welcome to Paradise!

      Delete
  2. ı hope you wıll catch your dream good luck

    ReplyDelete

Paradise is Here, Paradise is Now... Paradise is having people comment on my blog :)